Saturday, July 19, 2008

My First horse riding lesson


Today while dad was doing his thing at the Aquarium, I leaned how to lead, get a horse ready to be saddled, and put on a halter. It was awesome. I rode bareback on this Norwegian Mare named Hanna and my eyes filled with tears of happiness.
This is Plum Creek Stables. It's only 15 minutes away and there are spectacular views of the mountains. It's riding trail takes you to Chatfield state park.
My Instructor Krissy is a 30 year old accountant who teaches horsmanship on the weekends. I was very impressed with her knowledge. Did you know horses are monocular? The whole time I read black beauty as a kid I never knew what the heck was THRUSH!!! I learned where to pinch their leg so they'll pick up their foot and clean it. It was all too cool :) Krissy boards two beautiful horses there at the ranch......

2 comments:

Aqualung said...

I'm so glad you get to ride horses in this beautiful setting. You work so hard during the week helping clients, teaching students, and putting up with me. Isn't it nice that horses do what you tell them and all they want in return is a little hay and oats.

Mikidees said...

What an awsome dream fulfilment. I'm excited for you.