Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hogan Family Reunion

This last Thursday the 21st we drove to Provo so Tiana could do my hair and we could do some AFTER MISSION CLOTHES SHOPPING. Yes Tiana is back! Really back! And her eye for beauty is back.
Then we drove up to Logan for a family reunion with the Hogans and stayed at the little Bear River camp there. It was so great to see my Brother's and sisters. Aunt Cindy and Aunt Carolee really went all out for special dinners and activities. They went mtn biking and shot shotguns. Tiana and I, and other cool sisters and aunts and girl cousins went an hour up Logan canyon to a beautiful spot and saddled up for a mountain trail ride. I had the coolest horse- D0llar, a large painted gelding who would turn with just a gentle squeeze of the knee. The sunshine in the aspens and the camaraderie. ahhh, it was a glorious experience. In camp we had a lot of good food and talked.
We we had a pirate birthday party for Sammy complete with a treasure hunt and the Fisher Price pirate ship. He is 4! Can you believe it! And he still wears size 1 shorts. When we played with the pirate boat, I wore my eye patch and said "Arr.... Mately drop that sail!". I started a water fight with water guns, but Rick, Beau (Carolee's son) and Andrew got me with water cannons so I was drenched.
Bryce brought his mountain bikes and Marcia's brother and wife and kids.


This last Thursday the 21st we drove to Provo so Tiana could do my hair and we could do some AFTER MISSION CLOTHES SHOPPING. Yes Tiana is back! Really back! And her eye for beauty is back.
We've been out visiting family in San Diego, Boston and Salt Lake and next week we'll be in Brek with Danica and Dave. That makes a whole month of no church in our ward. We have become one of those vagabond retired couples who are always traveling to see their children.

2 comments:

Aqualung said...

May I be the first to comment on how wonderful families are and especially fun this weekend with you. You never looked so beautiful as when you were wet after that water fight.

Celeste said...

Wow- we have a good-looking family. I wish I could have been horseback riding with you. Mom, you look like a natural on that horse! Have you been taking lessons or something?
Also, sad I missed out on your pirate accent. :(